Skip to main content

Sinking; so sick of thinking

People said, If you don't want to overthink, then what's the point of having brains?

Mad? No. That was pretty true anyways.

I remember that all by myself drowning in my tears, I was dealing with the pain and having nightmares. And I completely cut off communication with everyone except my parents. Then i tried to find out, why do I overthink everything? How can i quiet my mind?

When everyone ovethinks things once in a while, I just can't ever seem to be quiet constant barrage of thoughts. 

Ruminating and Worrying
These inner monologue have two desctructive thought patterns. Ruminating involves rehashing the past. Thoughts may include things like:
 "I shouldn't have spoken up in the meeting today. Everyone looked at me like I was an idiot"
"My parents always said I wouldn't amount to anything. And they were right"
"I'll never get promoted. It doesn't matter what I do. It's not going to happen"

The tendency to overthink everything hold me back from doing something productive.

Thinking too much about things isn't just a nuisance y'all. It can take a serious toll on your well-being.

Overthink is a danger Research says dwelling on your shortcomings, mistakes, and problems increases your risk of mental health problems. And as your mental health declines, your tendency to ruminate increases, which can lead to a vicious cycle that is hard to break. Studies also show that overthinking leads to serious emotional distress. To escape thath distress, many over-thinkers resort to unhealthy coping stategies such as alcohol or food.

I you're an overthinker you likely already know you can't sleep when your mind won't shut off. Well, studies confirm this, finding that rumination and worry lead to fewer hours of sleep and poorer sleep quality.

But is overthink a mental disorder?
Overthinking is linked to psychological problems, like depression and anxiety. it's likely that overthinking causes mental health to decline and as your mental health declines, the more likely you are to overthink.

I'm tired of all these thoughts and start to find out about how I get rid of this? Start paying attention to the way you think or worrying about thins you can't control. Then when you realized, PAST IS PAST. And change the channel. I realized that I had a toxic environment. And I leave them behind. Let yourself rest and relax. Love yourself. Don't afraid the way people think about you.

Overthinking is the biggest cause of your unhappiness. Keep yourself occupied. Keep your mind off things that don't help you. Think positively.



Comments